- Point One: This week is Allergy Awareness week
- Point Two: May is also the “G & H” challenge for the Eat A to Z Healthy Recipe Challenge. Something I recently stumbled upon & thought I’d try to participate in. Here is a link to the Eat A to Z Healthy Recipe Challenge pinterest board (for more inspiration).
- Point Three: Winter is on our door step here in Australia and it’s time to boost your Vitamin C intake. This claim is made despite the beautiful t-shirt weather we experienced here in Sydney today.
So, to acknowledge all three points above, I came up with a fun, new (allergy free) drink for our afternoon tea today – a Guava & Grape Slushy. I loved that this drink (with a small pepita & cranberry bar) was enough for us to be sustained during the witching 2-hours before dinner. (Please see my post about afternoon snacks for more ideas about how to cure 3:30-itis without spoiling dinner).
In 100g of guava there is 228.3mg of Vitamin C which is about 4 times the amount found in Oranges!
Guava also contains a relatively high antioxidant value compared to other plant foods.
- 1 cup frozen green grapes
- 6 tinned guava halves with seeds removed
- 1/2 cup of water or ice cubes (depending how icy you like your slushy)
- 1 sprig of mint (optional)
Blend all ingredients. Serve in 2 medium sized cups.
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…